The Training Centre For Marine Officers currently offers the following dynamic positioning courses:
1. DP Induction/Basic course This accredited, theoretical course is the first step of The Nautical Institute DP operator scheme; it starts the process of training and practice that will need to be carried out also on board the dp marine unit.
2. DP Simulator/Advanced course This accredited, practical course is the next step of The Nautical Institute DP operator scheme; this stage takes place only after the successful completion of DP Basic course and dp familiarization on the DP marine unit.
3. DP Revalidation course This accredited course is designed for all officers who have already been issued a DPO certificate from The Nautical Institute but are unable to revalidate their DPO certificate due to insufficient sea time onboard DP vessels
4. DP Refreshment This is a course designed for existing DPO's to update their knowledge of the latest industry requirements, guidelines and principles of Dynamic Positioning
5. DP/Kongsberd K-POS 2 Familiarization This is a course designed for existing DPO's as well as prospective operators; intended for all who need detailed familiarisation with the Kongsberg K-Pos 2 system